Leading organization for women in Texas politics and public policy welcomes diverse board of experts and experienced leader to guide its growth and impact.
AUSTIN, TX (MARCH 14, 2023) – The Pink Granite Foundation (Pink Granite), an organization dedicated to educating women in Texas politics and public policy, announced its 2023 Board of Directors today and has named co-founder Amy Whited as Executive Director.
Whited brings decades of political and public policy expertise. As a multi-state lobbyist, serving as the Regional Lead for Government Relations at UCB, Inc., she has led political campaign teams at the state, local and national levels across the Southeastern United States. Outside of her work in government relations, Whited invests her time in organizations that prepare women for leadership and public service.
“We are incredibly proud of the growth and success Pink Granite has achieved in such a short period,” said Whited. ” We have officially welcomed over 200 members into our community since 2022, and our goal is to continue this momentum and become the premier organization for women in politics and policy. I am thrilled to accept this role and to work alongside our dedicated board as we continue to evolve and expand our resources and opportunities for women in the political sphere.”
Pink Granite also announced its 2023 Board of Directors, which includes a diverse group of women from different sectors of the Capitol Community. Chair Jo Cassandra Cuevas of The De Cuebaz Company – who has a wealth of experience in politics, public service and community organizing – will lead the board, which includes:
- Hope Osborn, Vice Chair, Pink Granite Co-Founder and Manager of Policy and Advocacy at Texas 2036
- Summer Luciano, Secretary, Assistant Director of Government Relations for the Texas General Land Office
- Paige Higerd, Treasurer, Chief of Staff for Chairman Dustin Burrows
- Crystal Brown, Director, Attorney and Public Policy Advisor at Locke Lord LLP
- Kathy Hutto, Director, former Governmental Affairs Consultant at Jackson Walker LLP
- Mary Bell Love, Director, Partner and Chief Operating Officer of The Mach 1 Group
- Colleen Tran, Director, Associate Deputy Attorney General for Government Relations at the Office of the Attorney General
- Tabatha Vasquez, Director, Policy Director, Governor Greg Abbott
“This talented and dedicated group of women leading our organization are ideal to have at the helm as we diligently work to provide women of all political affiliations with the guidance, resources and support they need to thrive professionally in any role that is in or around the Texas Capitol,” said Cuevas. “We are energized to have a board with such a wide range of expertise, and we are committed to continuing our work to empower and equip women to succeed in leadership roles.”
The Pink Granite Foundation was founded in 2021 with a mission to equip women of all political affiliations with the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers in politics and public policy. The organization provides educational programming, networking opportunities and resources to support women at all stages of their careers.
For more information, please visit https://pinkgranite.org/.